Jobes Henderson & Associates, Inc. is currently seeking a full-time Civil/Municipal Engineer for our team in Ohio. This person will have an opportunity to work both in the field and in the office on a wide variety of projects. Our team works with communities to design and fund a broad range of municipal projects.
This position consists of all aspects of Jobes Henderson’s activities for Newark, Ohio. This position will be responsible for the performance of project team members and will work closely with team members to provide high-quality deliverables on time and on budget to JHA clients.
To continue our excellent client services, we want to commit resources and staff to increase our presence and commitment to our clients. We are looking for an outgoing engineer that wants the opportunity to be the point person as JHA continues our role as the go to civil/survey/environmental consultant in several local municipalities.
• Provide professional services for municipal engineering projects to include planning, study, design, specification preparation, and construction administration while providing high-quality deliverables
• Act as liaison between client and other consultants to coordinate project designs for local projects. Provide local designs and quality reviews.
• Provide construction project management for a wide variety of municipal projects
• Understand and coordinate city-wide planning efforts to adhere to the current capital improvement plan including transportation, water system, sanitary systems, and storm water systems
• Manage performance of assigned project team members including Project Engineers, Junior Engineers, and Technicians
• Maintain existing client relationships and enhance pursued relationships with clients and consultants/other disciplines
• Identify, evaluate, pursue, and manage project opportunities
• Provide quality control and quality assurance on all project work
• Maintain budgets and schedules of project assignments
• Coordinate, facilitate, and attend internal and external meetings
• Attend City Council meeting
• Be actively involved in the community through local business activities such as chamber of commerce, rotary, or other available community and/or professional organizations
• Bachelor of Science degree in civil engineering or related field
• Registration as a Professional Engineer in Ohio or ability to obtain within 12 months
• 5+ years experience in civil or environmental engineering
• Municipal engineering project design and construction experience in the following:
o Design of water supply infrastructure
o Design of wastewater treatment infrastructure
o Urban/Rural streets, paving, and utilities
o Storm water management and storm sewer systems
o Erosion control and grading
• Ability to prepare project scope and fees including cost estimates and task orders
• Master’s degree in Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering, or related field
• 7+ years’ experience in civil or environmental engineering
• Client management experience
• Project management experience
• Construction management experience
• Understanding of design and construction surveying
• Understanding of project management activities including contracts, invoicing, and Accounts Receivable
• Understanding of construction management including processing and approving change orders, work change directives, and pay estimates as well as strong communication with contractors and owners regarding construction issues
• Development of plans using Civil3D software including streets, sewers, and utilities
• Previous client liaison experience or a desire to step into that role
• Ability to communicate effectively with staff, clients, contractors, and regulatory agencies.
• Project funding processes and application experience
• Familiarity with ODOT and LPA projects